Tuesday 8 October 2013

Halloween Costume

It's heading towards that time of year again, whan the geeks and freaks can dress exactly how we want for a couple of days and no one will bat an eye, gotta love Halloween!

Last year I went as Deadpool (comic version, not film), which was great fun and I was tempted to do it again this year, that is until me and the missus watched a certain horror film inspired from a game franchise, you may be familiar with Silent Hill :)

Those who have played the games or watched the film will know the big bad, Pyramid Head, and that what I've decided on for this years costume.

I've done a LOT of research, trawling through multitudes of Comic Con pics, YouTube tutorials and other blogs describing the production of their Pyramid Head costume. In the end I settled on a design, bought the materials and started to work.

I've never tried anything this adventurous for a Halloween costume before, normally I'd just get a pre made one or go rooting through my wardrobe and see what I can put togetherm, so something I've completely made from scratch is quite a challenge! That being said, I have completed the helmet and I'm part way through the apron (just gotta stain and paint it), then the fun of creating the Great Knife!

I've been taking plenty of pics, so once it's all done I'll put together 3 seperate tutorials, for the helmet, skirt/apron, and the knife, detailing how I put it all together. I know there are loads of other tutorials out there, but I'm hoping I can create something comprehensive.

I'm really happy with how things have gone so far, if the knife comes out as good as the helmet then I'll be such a happy monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment